Google Analytics allows you to track traffic and other events from your interactive experiences at Dot.vu via the Google Analytics Addon.
Enable Google Analytics Addon
To you use Google Analytics on an experience you create on Dot.vu, you must enable the Google Analytics Addon for that experience. Here’s how:
- In the editor, open the Addons menu from the right sidebar
- Find and enable the Google Analytics Addon, then click Edit Settings
- Finally, set your Google Analytics Tracking ID which can be found under Admin > Property > Tracking Code on your Google Analytics dashboard (in a format similar to UA-XXXXXXXXX-X).
And that’s it! Once you save your changes, Google Analytics will now be loaded with your experience. You can now create and send events to Google Analytics, as explained below.
Dot.vu provides you with the capacity to define custom event triggers on your Google Analytics Addon setting. Here’s how:
- Go to your Google Analytics Addon settings and click Add event
- From the Triggers with dropdown, select either a Key Performance Indicator (KPI) or Manual (Action)
- If you select a KPI: the event will be fired each time the selected KPI is fired.
- If you select Manual (Action): you must give it an Action name and then you can call that action anywhere on your experience where you can run an action to fire the event.
- Define the category, the action, the label and/or the value of the event.
You can also read and learn more about Google Analytics events.
Embedding Across Domains
If you wish to embed Dot.vu content on a website, you should consider enabling Cross-domain tracking. This allows Google Analytics to recognize embedded interactive content traffic as belonging to your host website.
Use Google Analytics with Google Tag Manager
To use Google Analytics with Google Tag Manager just follow the steps shown in How To Use Google Tag Manager.